Avocado Chia Pudding
Replacing the dairy and egg yolks that traditionally make up a pudding, this vegan friendly option uses the fresh flavors of coconut and kiwi to pair perfectly with the creamy subtle texture of the avocado.
Get more fiber in your diet. What is fiber? It's a materials from plants that cannot be broken down in the digestive tract. We recommend eating your fiber, not taking fiber supplements. Another must do when increasing fiber is to increase your water intake, if you don't this may lead to constipation!
Soluble Water-soluble fibers absorb water during digestion. They increase stool bulk and may decrease blood cholesterol levels. Soluble fiber can be found in fruits (such as apples, oranges and grapefruit), vegetables, legumes (such as dry beans, lentils and peas), barley, oats and oat bran.
Insoluble Water-insoluble fibers remain unchanged during digestion. They promote normal movement of intestinal contents. Insoluble fiber can be found in fruits with edible peel or seeds, vegetables, whole grain products (such as whole-wheat bread, pasta and crackers), bulgur wheat, stone ground corn meal, cereals, bran, rolled oats, buckwheat and brown rice.
Yield: 2 servings
Prep Time = 20 minutes
Cook Time = 0 minutes
· 1 Avocado
· 3 tablespoons Chia Seeds
· 1 cup Almond Milk (Unsweetened)
· 1 tablespoon Stevia
· 2 teaspoons Unsweetened Shredded Coconut
· 2 Kiwi fruits
· 2 pinches Salt
Method of Preparation (Instructions)
1. Combine avocado pulp with almond milk, salt, and stevia. Blend until smooth.
2. Stir in chia seeds and allow to sit for about 10 minutes to thicken.
3. Peel and dice (or slice) kiwi and place in service container. (Reserve 1-2 pieces of kiwi for garnish).
4. Pour avocado chia pudding into service container.
5. Garnish with shredded coconut and reserved kiwi.
6. Place in fridge for 10-15 minutes to chill prior to eat.
7. You can refrigerate this covered for 2-3 days (the top may slightly brown, but no worries it's still delicious!)
Nutrition for one serving: Calories 272kcal, Protein 7.4g Total Fat 17g Carbs 30g Fiber 14g Sodium 483mg Saturated Fat 2.69g Fruits 0.5 servings Vegetables 0 servings Added Sugar 0g