Bacon Guacamole Poppers
Looking for a dairy free and keto friendly delicious spin on a jalapeno popper? Swap store bought or fresh homemade guacamole in place of the cheese.
A small batch takes only about 10 minutes to prepare and 15 minutes to cook in the oven.
This recipe makes 16 pieces, which is enough for about 4-6 people as an appetizer.
8 fresh jalapenos
1 cup guacamole or (2 avocados, 2 tbsp lime juice, & ½ tsp salt)
16 slices of bacon
1. Preheat oven to 390F.
2. Wash and cut jalapenos in half lengthwise.
3. Remove most of the seeds and white pith if you do not like spicy dishes. Leave in a few seeds to have a spicier dish.
4. Mash avocados and mix with salt and lime juice until smooth.
5. Fill each piece of jalapeno with about 1 tbsp guacamole.
6. Wrap each jalapeno with one slice of bacon as tight as possible.
7. Place wrapped jalapeno on a sheet pan cut side up and bake in oven for about 15 minutes until crispy.
8. Serve hot and enjoy.
Per two pieces: Calories 132kcal, Protein 6.1g, Total Fat 11g, Carbs 2.75g, Fiber 2.28g, Sodium 388mg, Saturated Fat 3.99g, Vegetables 0.14 servings, & Added Sugar 0g